Yoga4u privacy notice
Owner: Emma Colston-Weeks
Phone Number: 07797 761571
Data Controller: Yoga4U
Data Lead: Emma Colston-Weeks
Yoga4U is registered with Jersey Data Protection
What type of information does Yoga4U hold?
Yoga4U currently collects and processes the following information:
• Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, number of children (if deemed appropriate to class type)
• Health related information (Personal Readiness Form; medical history, diagnosis and treatment data)
• Covid-19 information for contact tracing and health compliance
How does Yoga4U obtain the information and why is it held?
Most of the personal information Yoga4U process is provided directly by you (our yoga students) for one of the following reasons:
• To join the yoga term
• To help Yoga4U better plan a yoga class for you
• To support the Government of Jersey’s contact tracing scheme in relation to COVID-19
• To maintain an appropriate level of compliance with regards COVID-19 and the safe teaching of students
Under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, the lawful bases Yoga4U rely on for processing this information are:
A. Your consent; you can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Emma Colston-Weeks via email email@example.com
B. To perform a public task (Covid-19 contact tracing).
C. A legitimate interest.
D. To protect your Vital Interests.
As Yoga4U may record and have knowledge of sensitive data, we take the protection of your data very seriously. Confidentiality will always remain protected, the sole exception being where disclosure is required (by Law) to prevent serious foreseeable and imminent harm by a student to themselves or another identifiable person.
What does Yoga4U do with the information it holds?
We use the information that you have given us to:
1. Adhere to the requirements of the Government of Jersey’s contact tracing scheme for COVID-19
2. To ensure where possible a safe and healthy space to practice yoga and mitigate the risk of spreading/catching Covid-19
3. To use in the case of an emergency, such as sudden illness during class (holding of next of kin details, reporting of any current health concerns to paramedics)
4. To contact you in the case of class cancellation, a change to the yoga term or to tell you about a new class or change within Yoga4U.
Sharing your personal data
We only share your personal data with your explicit consent. Where third parties are used by Yoga4U to store your personal data, we ensure they are compliant with the data protection law and any such data is not stored outside of the EU.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored in electronic (scanned or emailed) format on a local PC.
Should third parties be used by Yoga4U to store your personal data, Yoga4U will ensure they are compliant with the data protection law and any such data is not stored outside of the EU.
We keep your personal data provided on our Personal Readiness Form for the duration that you practice yoga with Yoga4U. Should you wish to cease practicing yoga with Yoga4U, your Personal Readiness Form would then be destroyed within 21 days of you leaving Yoga4U.
Information provided on the Self-Declaration Form (Part 1 & 2) for the purposes of Covid-19 contact tracing and safe yoga practice will be held for 21 days after the yoga term finishes, at which point it will be destroyed.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, Yoga4U have four weeks to respond to you.
Please contact Emma Colston-Weeks, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, Emma Colston-Weeks the Data Lead will contact you without delay and explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps Yoga4U are taking to deal with it.
How to complain
You can also complain to the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (JOIC) if you are unhappy with how Yoga4U have used your data.
5 Castle Street
+44 (0) 1534 716530
Automated decision making and profiling
Yoga4U do not use any system that utilises automated decision making or profiling in respect of your personal data. Your personal data is collected directly from yourself.
During classes Yoga4U may on occasion take photos to publish on the website and social media platforms. Please make Yoga4U aware if you do not consent to this.